Most global businesses nowadays require English communication via email. Business emails require special attention as they need to include a certain level of professionalism and formality. English for Emails course will help you write effective business emails in English, improve your grammar and vocabulary, and make you more successful in your business correspondence overall.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
– Improve your overall English Writing skills
– See differences and similarities among the different email formats
– Write more effective subject lines and email text
– Apply key language to different types of emails
– Correct common errors such as punctuation and capitalisation
– Study tone and level of formality in emails
– An introduction to emails: The email screen, Email structure, Subject lines. Language: A questionnaire
– Formal and informal emails: Register, Formal/informal phrases, Abbreviations, correct spelling
– Enquires: Writing and replying to enquiries, The advantages and disadvantages of email, Polite language. Language: Email addresses and symbols, The danger of viruses
– Requesting action: Writing to colleagues, Talking about deadlines and taking action, Common verb-noun phrases. Language: Acronyms and abbreviations, To CC or not to CC?
– Exchanging Information: Informing and replying, Colloquial phrases and contractions, Quoting from previous emails, Being diplomatic. Language: An email quiz, Over-quoting
– Making and confirming arrangements: Typical phrases for making arrangements, Prepositions of time, Saying you’re sorry. Language: Domain names, Have you been spammed?